Children thrive when they grow up in safe, stable, and nurturing environments. Policies and programs that strengthen families, prevent abuse and neglect, and provide effective treatment for victims of abuse and neglect are critical to ensure positive outcomes for our next generation.
Resources and Helpful Links:
Posts about Nurturing Homes & Communities
- The school-to-prison pipeline in North Carolina Part II: Who, where and how
- Ten Years of Moving Forward on Juvenile Indigent Defense
- October is National Youth Justice Awareness Month
- Parental involvement in juvenile justice reform in rural North Carolina
- 4 things we’re reading (and watching) this week
- URGENT–Contact your Representative TODAY and urge a vote on Raise the Age
- Why Raising the Age makes dollars and $ense
- Who will be number 100?
- Raise the age advances
- Statement on house budget proposal: North Carolina should invest in what works for children