The 2018 session might have been short, but it was highly consequential for children—both in terms of what happened and what didn’t happen. Legislators missed big opportunities on early education funding and school safety, stopped short of making some harmful decisions on health care, and approved six constitutional amendments that will be on the ballot this fall, including one to cap the state income tax rate. Below is a summary of the most important decisions for kids from the 2018 legislative session.
(Visited 267 time, 1 visit today)Download: 2018 Legislative Session Recap
Comments are closed.
What is this?
- NC voters want the state’s leaders to double down on early childhood
- Will NC Lawmakers Approve a Just Florence Recovery?
- Medicaid Transformation is happening. Here are three key items to watch.
- What’s the right solution for health care in rural North Carolina?
- Disaster recovery resources for caregivers, clinicians, and parents