Children thrive when they grow up in safe, stable, and nurturing environments. Policies and programs that strengthen families, prevent abuse and neglect, and provide effective treatment for victims of abuse and neglect are critical to ensure positive outcomes for our next generation.
Resources and Helpful Links:
Posts about Nurturing Homes & Communities
- Corporal Punishment in the Public Schools: Both Curious and Alarming
- A Step Toward Raising the Age—Diverting Some School-based Arrestees in Wake
- Is North Carolina’s Juvenile Justice Policy at a Tipping Point?
- Insufficient Investments in Children, Families Persist in State Budget
- TABOR–Bad for Education, Bad for the Economy
- Celebrate today’s JJDPA; but let’s envision a stronger framework for tomorrow
- The school-to-prison pipeline in North Carolina Part II: Who, where and how
- The school-to-prison pipeline in North Carolina Part I: What, why and when
- Ten Years of Moving Forward on Juvenile Indigent Defense
- October is National Youth Justice Awareness Month