Children thrive when they grow up in safe, stable, and nurturing environments. Policies and programs that strengthen families, prevent abuse and neglect, and provide effective treatment for victims of abuse and neglect are critical to ensure positive outcomes for our next generation.
Resources and Helpful Links:
Posts about Nurturing Homes & Communities
- School has just begun, and in NC, corporal punishment is still with us
- It’s Time to Raise the Age of Juvenile Jurisdiction
- One Minute Justice
- New Resource: Racial Equity Report Cards for NC School Districts
- North Carolina: First In Flight, Last To Raise The Age
- Reflecting on the 2016 Legislative Session
- Report Shows Better Health, Declining Financial Security for Kids in North Carolina
- When Will We Stop the Criminalization of Our Youth?
- Supporting the Families of Incarcerated Parents
- Corporal Punishment in the Public Schools: Both Curious and Alarming