When children come to the attention of the child welfare system, they have invariably experienced significant trauma that demands a robust array of services and support to help them recover. Just weeks ago, North Carolina passed sweeping child welfare reform legislation to improve our state’s level of care for these children. Unfortunately, pending federal health care reform threatens to undermine our state’s good work to protect children from abuse and neglect and to help victims recover.
(Visited 482 time, 1 visit today)Download: Senate Health Bill Would Damage NC’s Child Welfare System
Comments are closed.
What is this?
- Top priorities for kids in the 2018 short legislative session
- Three questions to ask candidates before the May 8th primaries
- Cutting SNAP is a Huge Mistake – 5 Reasons Why
- Three reasons the NC Legislature should adequately fund school nurses
- Asking parents about citizenship threatens programs for millions of kids