On October 28, 2015, North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory signed HB 318 into law. The bill, titled the “Protect North Carolina Workers Act,” takes effect immediately and raises serious concerns for the safety and well-being of North Carolina’s growing immigrant population. Nearly 750,000 immigrants currently call North Carolina home, including nearly 350,000 undocumented immigrants. It is also estimated that more than 170,000 U.S. citizen children living in mixed status-families are growing up in North Carolina. This fact sheet outlines some of the key implications of HB 318 for children and families.
(Visited 411 time, 1 visit today)Download: How Does North Carolina’s HB 318 Impact Children?
Comments are closed.
- Three reasons the NC Legislature should adequately fund school nurses
- Asking parents about citizenship threatens programs for millions of kids
- The Freedom to Lead: Interview with Ricky Hurtado
- Avoiding toxic flame retardants? Ask lots of questions.
- Preventative dental care limited for rural North Carolina children