When children thrive, we all benefit from a well-educated workforce, safer communities, and a more prosperous economic future.
- Growing up in safe, stable, and nurturing homes and communities;
- Living in economically secure homes with their basic needs met;
- Having access to high-quality physical and behavioral health care;
- Receiving an effective pre-kindergarten education (0–5 years old) and K–12 education;
- Having the opportunity to become successful, self-supporting adults.
NC Child’s Mission
NC Child builds a strong North Carolina by advancing public policies to ensure all children – regardless of race, ethnicity, or place of birth – have the opportunity to achieve their full potential.